Sunday 24 March 2013

Get to know Melissa :)

Helloo
Soooo ive been pretty pants last couple of months at making time to sit down and blog properly. Which meant i never got round to doing the '25 facts about me' tag, but it was something id have liked to have done.
So instead of doing it now, super duper late, i thought id sorta do something similar but call it something different haha! sneaky Melissa! Im just going to call this a 'Get to know Me' post...

1) Im 22, but i dont look it, at all! Im a squirt at 5'1 and a teeny bit... Yes the teeny bit counts! I get ID'd for Everything!

2) My natural hair colour is dark red/auburn, as a result i have pale skin & green eyes. Learning to like my natural colourings and embracing it instead of changing it... and im nearly there, im just trying to start a love affair with my freckles now as we are not in a good place yet.

3) I really hate spiders & Injections, yuck! Not just a 'yeah there not nice' sorta thing... i actually hate them. They make me go cold and goose-bumpy. And injections make me faint, my last one i passed out so i had to sit in a little room for a while and my sister was grumpy because i made her miss her fave TV Show! Some proper sympathy there guys!

4) Things that fly, that shouldn't be able to fly, make me panic. Im a wreck waiting in airports seeing huge mahoosive planes taking off... once im on there i try to pretend im on the bus and then im not to bad. I also judge everyone getting on the plane, its really bad, and makes me feel like an awful person but i get so suspicious and try to work out if anybody could be possibly dangerous. Low flying hot air balloons are also far to scary for my liking.

5) I love love LOVE art. Im a very crafty person too. Im always happy with a pencil and pad of paper. Starting now to get requests for sketches too! Which i find bonkers as its just my doodling? But this is a sketch of my little sister in my fave winter hat which i got from River Island a couple of years ago.



6) Im very family focused. I couldnt get by without them. Luckily we all live in the same village and everyone is within walking distance. We have our ups and downs sometimes, but what family doesnt? We know we wouldnt be without each other :)

7) I have a baby sister Eleanor who is 4, and a baby niece Olivia who is 2... they are soooo so so special and i enjoy taking them out and watching them grow and change, they are amazing. And the best part is i get to spoil them rotten :) They make me excited to one day be a mummy myself.

8) Although im incredibly scared of injections to the point of passing out, i somehow managed not one but TWO tattoo's. My first tattoo is a little fairy on my hip bone. I got it because i love all things magical and mythical. Im so intrigued by it. Also my name Melissa was often the name italian poets gave to characters that were fairys, so i really wanted one tattoo'd and this was small and dainty and perfect for my hip... i was so dizzy, and i threw up straight away afterwards, but i love it and it was worth it and im so proud that i got it done. My second tattoo is on my left wrist and its the words 'stay strong' i got this after a really really difficult period in my life, as i reminder im stronger and a better person for not going back and moving forward with my life. Although this isnt my fave tattoo i dont regret getting it done as it will always have the same meaning and reminder when im struggling. But i do want to add some music notes to it, when im brave enough as it absolutely hammered on my wrist so i know what im letting myself in for!




 9) I really love music, a lot! And i love singing, my whole family on my dads side are amazing singers and it makes me happy when we have a get together and a sing song, or go to karaokes. I hope ill be as good of a singer as they are one day :)

10) Even though i love make-up, and i love buying new products, and enjoy slapping them all over my face... i dont wear much that often. I love to sit in my loungey jogging pants and slouchy jumpers, with a bare face and my hair scraped up, watching Teen Mom & Random films on Netflix. I think its good for my skin to breathe, as it gets angry and breaks out easily. Also means i enjoy getting made up a lot more when i do.

11) I suffer with anxiety, and its only quite recently that i was told i have anxiety disorder. Ive always known im a worrier, and that i let the little things become big things, ever since being a small child... but after a rocky year a few years back things got worse and i was having panic attacks and not wanting to leave the house ad isolating myself. Its a scary thing to go through, and people often dismiss is as just being silly. But its very real, and very hard especially when you feel so alone. The panic attacks have gotten so much better, I think in the last year ive had one, maybe two, but i now have a better understanding of anxiety myself and ive learnt to recognise when im getting worked up and calm myself down and talk myself out of it. I still worry, and i still panic, but its improved A LOT and im really proud of myself. I think its something that isnt discussed enough, and there isnt much awareness so lots of people cant/dont understand it and are judgmental and sometimes really really mean. And its so helpful to talk to other people who are going through the same thing. It helps you see that you are not alone and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

12) I have an obsession with nails... i love quirky nails, and trying new things. I get so excited looking at what other people are doing with their nails and new products they find. At the minute im liking polka dots... ok ok loving polks dots. So when I went to my mums house a couple of nights a go, and we had lots of snow, i sat in my big winter jumper infront of the fire and painted some cute spring-ish nails to entice the sunshine and bring spring out of hiding!


Few quick and snappy facts to finish with now...

13) I hate mushrooms! the texture, the taste, and the smell when someone is frying them... eeerrrgh. But i LOVE pickled onions

14) My fave colour is pink

15) I love the Big Bang Theory, Teen Mom & Charmed (i know its old and ive seen every episode at least three times but i looooves it)

16) I cant play tennis, but i can play badminton?

17) Im a summer girl, really not keen on winter! I like it for about a day, because i get wear a new new hat and gloves, but the novelty soon wears off... my bottom and ice dont mix well, they have a rocky relationship!

18) I love to read, anything and everything.

19) I Find ironing relaxing!

20) I cant wear odd socks... ever. If i put on odd socks by accident, and realise when its too late and ive left the house i just know im going to have a rubbish day! Ive even started checking them before i leave the house, id rather have no socks and cold feet than odd socks!


Hope im not too weird ;P 
Would love to know your weird and wonderful habits and routines!

Toodles x



No comments:

Post a Comment