Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year


Well this year, there's the usual resolutions and high hopes flying around... Im going to eat healthy, slim down, go wild, do everything ive always wanted, be positive all the time, this year is going to be fantastic, the best ever, a new start...
 But im not doing the same this year. Because we have no control, and no idea of whats around the corner. Every year i build it up, and every year i end up feeling like i have let myself down.


The truth is the world aint a rosy place all of the time, shit happens. So im just accepting it already.
In 2013, i will have my ups and my downs, i'll laugh and i'll cry. I wont get done all the things ive ever wanted to do, and i'll make plenty of mistakes. There will be tough times and challenges, and amazing experiences and new memories made...
I cant change me, new year new start new me, not going to happen. I'll still have my worries and anxiety, i'll still hate the same things and i will still have the same past... But i'll also still have my same sense of humor  the same laugh and smile, i'll still get the giggles and still have my daft hyper moments. I will still have the same amazingly crazy caring lovely bunch of friends and family in my life that i love and adore.

So this year im not doing it. Im not having unrealistic ideas and expectations of a perfect year, or resolutions that are not achievable. Im going to have a list of goals and thoughts and things to do. Things that are realistic, helpful and positive. And im going to have this list somewhere that i can see it every day and tick things off...

1) Too do at least one new thing that i have never done before but always wanted to do.

2) Try and say yes to things that put me out of my comfort zone.

3) To make more time to do the things i enjoy and relax.

4) Book a Holiday!

5) Control my stress and anxiety - keep a list of any worries and things to do, big or small, so its on paper to see clearly an organise...

6) ask for help of needed...

7) and learn to say No!!

8) Open my mouth. I have opinions, ideas and feelings too.

9) To not try an be so many different things to so many different people. Just be me, the people who don't like it don't matter.. the ones who matter will be there even though im not perfect.

10) Accept the bad times, they're coming whether we like it or not. I can be sad, be grumpy, be hurt... but i need to let people in.

11) Keep going with my Blog! It will do me good to enjoy my own little space, full of everything i have enjoyed, laughed at and loved... Must read when grumpy!

12) Start saving for Eleanor's Disney Land Holiday... Only 3 years away!

13) Get more sleep.

14) Bake and cook more, its fun!

15) Smile...and chuckle... as much as i can :)

Hopefully 2013 can be a more relaxed year without the crazy expectations and let downs. I think once we accept that we have to go with the flow, we can start to help ourselves be happy, not smiling like barbie all year down, but being in a place to handle the not so nice things that come our way.

Love to know what resolutions you've made, which ones you keep, which ones you break... Hope 2013 is full of love and laughter, toodles x

1 comment:

  1. 'Happy New Year' MonkeySocks!
    Love your blog & this is the first time I have read one so keep blogging & I'll keep following with interest.

    ReplyDelete